Exbury Gardens is open 10am-5.30pm, Monday 29th March - Sunday 14th November 2021
Aug 2020 11:00 - 16:00
Back by popular demand, the lovely people from Kelly’s Donkeys are returning to Exbury with their beautiful donkeys. You can choose to have a photo taken when you meet the donkeys or go for a gentle ride in the gardens, with upgraded safety and hygiene measures in place.
Area titled 'The Park' on the Map & Guide (available from Visitor Entrance). Please ask a member of staff at the Visitor Entrance if you're unsure.
Meeting the donkeys is FREE with gardens admission or Friends of Exbury annual membership (click the button below to purchase).
Donkey rides are £3 per person. Call 02380 891203 to book
- 2 metre queue distance markers.
- No physical contact between staff and riders (accompanying adults to lift children onto donkeys). Individual leaders for each donkey, so that two donkeys can work together but with 2 metre distancing.
- Helmets sanitised between each rider. Or bring your own riding or cycle helmet.
- Saddles sanitised between rides.
- Sanitising station for use before and after donkey rides.
- People actively discouraged from touching the donkey, so no patting or feeding.
‘We recently had some friends from London to visit and were looking for something to entertain our young children for the day. We decided to give Exbury Gardens a try and I thought it was wonderful. We had Sunday lunch in the restaurant and the food was far superior to other local attractions so compliments to the chef. Walking through the gardens was beautiful with lots of little pathways to explore. I have lived in the Romsey area for many years and always thought Exbury was a little out of the way but it only took me 20 minutes from the motorway. We will definitely be a regular visitor from now on.’
Philip Moulds, New Forest