Exbury Gardens is now open to the public, with a number of special measures in place to safeguard the wellbeing of our visitors and staff.
We’re also very pleased to announce that our steam railway will be reopening on Saturday 4th July.
Again, we’ve implemented a number of new safety measures to ensure that the steam railway operates as safely as it can. To read the full list of safety measures in place here at Exbury, please visit our COVID-19 safety & FAQs page here.
With 200 acres of stunning woodland landscape to explore, and our summer gardens in full bloom, now is the perfect time to experience the beauty of Exbury. To book your tickets click the button below*.
Below are some handy tips for visiting Exbury Gardens & Steam Railway this summer, which we hope you will find useful.
Tips for visiting
- Pre-book your tickets online before you visit, which will include choosing an arrival time slot. We will be limiting visitors (including members) in order to maintain social distancing and time slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Book your steam railway tickets upon arrival at the Visitor Entrance, to avoid disappointment. This applies to both day visitors and Friends of Exbury members.
- Plan to arrive at the time of your allocated time slot. This will allow you to access the gardens as safely and as quickly as possible.
- Look out for signs in the car park that tell you how to enter the gardens, as changes have been made to some visitor routes, particularly on arrival.
- Use the floor markings when queuing for entry into the gardens, to ensure that you remain 2 metres from the next person or household at all times.
- Use the sanitising stations at the entrance and exit to the gardens, outside the toilet facilities and on the steam railway station platform.
- Bring a face mask if you’re planning to ride the steam railway.
- Look out for signs around the gardens, as one-way systems may be in place in some locations.
- Bring your own mobility aids, as our guided buggy tours will not be running.
- Exercise courtesy, caution and common sense when visiting and in particular, when using the the toilet facilities, which may have capacity limits and one-way systems in place.
- Bring your membership card and booking confirmation if you are a Friends of Exbury member, as you will still receive free entry, but like day visitors will be required to book an arrival time slot.
*Please note that all tickets must now be booked online, in advance, with specific arrival time slots. Friends of Exbury also need to book, in order for us to control visitor numbers. If you are a Friends of Exbury member please click here to book your arrival timeslot.